Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a nonaffiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies of Freibert & Mattingly Title Group, LLC.
We may collect nonpublic personal information (NPI) about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you such as applications or other forms.
- Information about your transactions we secure from our files, or from others.
- Information we receive from a computer reporting agency.
- Information from others involved in your transaction, such as the real estate agent, broker or lender
How we safeguard information about you:
We take a number of steps to protect the privacy of information about you. Here are some examples:
- We have implemented a security procedure for protection of nonpublic personal information; we allow only authorized personnel to review the information, and we keep closed files in secure storage, with limited access, or we store the files on computer with limited password access.
- We authorize our employees, agents and contractors to get information about you only when they need it to do their work for us.
- We require companies working for us to protect information. They agree to use it only to provide the services we ask them to perform for us. Our first priority is to only share NPI when absolutely necessary to provide service on your behalf.
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. In addition, those employees have been subject to a background check.
- We require consent from a proper party to the transaction to provide nonpublic personal information relating to that transaction. On closed files, we require a written instruction by the party.
- We generally do not keep copies of credit reports, loan applications and tax returns on consumers and customers.
- We do not share copies of owner?s policies of customers on residential transactions, unless at the request of the insured owner.
- If we share starter title information, we do not share nonpublic personal information, such as sales price (unless it is public information), policy numbers, or amount of insurance on owner?s policies issued to customers.
WE DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WITH ANYONE FOR ANY PURPOSE THAT IS NOT SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED BY LAW